[Exim] Status of Exim 4

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users, exim-announce
Betreff: [Exim] Status of Exim 4
I thought people might like to know what the status of Exim 4 is.

I have not managed to get done all the things I wanted to do (surprise,
surprise). However, I think I have done pretty well all of the things
that are incompatible changes to the configuration file. I have not yet
done any documentation.

I think that updating the manual and writing a conversion document will
take me 6-8 weeks, so I am now going to stop working on the code, and
start working on the documentation. This means that I'm still on target
for releasing the first alpha version before the end of the year.

I believe (hope) that the items that remain on the wish list can
subsequently be added in a compatible way as normal upgrades.

Philip