Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH and /etc/shadow authentication

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Martyn Drake
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH and /etc/shadow authentication
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Martyn Drake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running on a Red Hat 6.2 system and I'm in the process of
> converting from a Sendmail with AUTH support compiled in to Exim.
> Unfortunately having everything working absolutely fine, the only thing
> I can't figure out is SMTP AUTH. I have the support compiled in, and by
> reading the O'Reilly Exim book I had (or thought I had) the correct
> set-up for PLAIN AUTH and PLAIN LOGIN available.

This might be a solution:
    http://www.e-admin.de/pam_exim/
I haven't tried it since it was only announced a week ago.

I'll forgive you for not finding the announcement
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010917/030371.html
in the archives since it doesn't mention the crucial keyword "shadow".

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna