[Exim] SMTP AUTH and /etc/shadow authentication

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martyn Drake
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] SMTP AUTH and /etc/shadow authentication
Hi,

I'm currently running on a Red Hat 6.2 system and I'm in the process of
converting from a Sendmail with AUTH support compiled in to Exim.
Unfortunately having everything working absolutely fine, the only thing
I can't figure out is SMTP AUTH. I have the support compiled in, and by
reading the O'Reilly Exim book I had (or thought I had) the correct
set-up for PLAIN AUTH and PLAIN LOGIN available.

Every time I attempt to send out a message using SMTP AUTH via Outlook
2002, I receive an Authenticated Failed: 535 Incorrect Autentication
Data alert. Having looked on Google for a possible solution, it appears
that the reason for this to occur is that /etc/shadow isn't being
consulted to confirm authentication.

Is there a quick 'n' easy way of getting around this so that I can
authenticate properly through /etc/shadow (as the system is running on
shadow passwords).

Regards,

    Martyn