Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [Exim] Command Line Operations
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:31:57 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> How about modifying your injection process? Use queue_smtp_domains (or
> -odqs), and during the injection, have a look at how many exim processes
> are running. If the number is greater than n, hold up the injection
> process until the number drops below n. This will slow down the
> injection rate, but do the routing while it is happening. I imagine you
> could set n to several hundred, possibly more.

I've had an overhaul of the process scheduled for a while, to allow for
delivery into multiple exim processes. When I tackle that, your advice
above will probably come in _very_ handy.

Thanks,
Sheldon.