Re: [Exim] Question about rbl and host_accept_relay handling

Autor: Peter Galbavy
A: Exim Users Mailing List, Bjoern Metzdorf
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Question about rbl and host_accept_relay handling
> The fault here is with the expectation that relay_domains_include_local_mx
> can ever be used safely on a public network. It cannot. It causes your
> mailer to trust data received from the network (unless you externally
> filter all bogus unauthorised MXs from public DNS responses, I guess).

Sorry, but I don't understand. I thought the whole point of using this
setting is that you can choose to accept mail to be relayed *to* any domain
who lists your host as an MX. NOT relay *from*. Where is the attack ? If
anyone wants to list me as an MX for their domain, they get what they
deserve.

OTOH If I do not use my own DNS caches, then I deserve whatever I get.

Peter