Re: [Exim] queue_only only from certain hosts

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nicholas Blackaby
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] queue_only only from certain hosts
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Nicholas Blackaby wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible to queue mail only from certain
> hosts (and attempt immediate delivery of mail from everywhere
> else). In other words, rather than run in "queue_only" mode, I would
> like to run in "queue_only_if_from_this_host" mode.

My goodness, what will people want next? :-)

There isn't a built-in way to do that. In Exim 4 you will be able to
write an initial router that makes a choice as to whether to defer or
not, but in Exim 3 it's messier because of the existence of both
directors and routers. And in any case, by the time you get there you
have already started a delivery process.

I have added the idea of "queue_only_hosts" to the wish list. It would
actually be quite a small addition, but whether it makes it into the
first release of Exim 4 depends on how the time goes.