Re: [Exim] using Exim to send all incoming mail to an M$ Exc…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dmitry G. Golub
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] using Exim to send all incoming mail to an M$ Exchange server on a LAN
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:52:35PM +0200, Peter Salvage wrote:
> Hi all
>
> It appears that I need to set this in the configure file:
>
> (in the routers section)
> lookuphost:
> driver = lookuphost
> transport = remote_smtp
> ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
> no_more
> self = pass
> domainlist:
> route_list = * internal.server byname
>
> Is that correct?
>
> TIA
> Peter

I have an Microsoft Exchange (MSX) server in our network and a large part
of our users are an Exchange users.

I think you may insert router to your Exchange server BEFORE 'lookuphost'
router. From my config:

# ------------- 8< ----------------
#
# Users of Microsoft Exchange have domain part of address 'perm.cbr.ru'
Exchange_users:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  domains = " perm.cbr.ru "
  route_list = "perm.cbr.ru    internal.server         byname"

# This router sends mail to hosts basing on domain listed in 'route_file'
Unix_hosts:
driver = domainlist
domains = "*.perm.cbr.ru"
transport = remote_smtp
route_file = "CONFIG_DIR/smtp_routes_db"
search_type = dbm
no_more
# ------------- 8< ----------------

(I have no lookuphost router because I'm not using DNS for mail routing
in our internal network). CONFIG_DIR is a macro, it expands to
/usr/local/etc/exim.

If your MSX handles more than one domain consider using database lookup
(or lsearch) in 'domains' and 'route_list' options. I am in doubt:
can I omit 'domains=' option from 'Exchange_users:' router?

Best regards and sorry for my poor English,
Dmitry

--
/"\                         ASCII Ribbon Campaign