Re: [Exim] X-MIME-Autoconverted:

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Greg Ward
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] X-MIME-Autoconverted:
On 27 September 2001, Sergey A. Maslyakov said:
> After such a quirky intro, here is my question :)
> How can I process "X-MIME-Autoconverted:" field with Exim? Should I
> parse the header and change "Content-Transfer-Encoding:" to the
> value from the parsed "X-MIME-Autoconverted:" field? Hope, there is
> a better way!

One idea: write a system filter that looks for the
"X-MIME-Autoconverted" header (and possibly for certain values in that
header, depending on what these remote sendmail installations put
there). I *think* you can use the system filter to add a header, so you
could add a Content-encoding header then, and maybe your local MUAs
would be able to handle the messages. If you really want to emulate
sendmail, though, I think you'd have to write a script (Python, Perl,
whatever) to "fix" these messages, ie. base64-decode the content and
remove the X-MIME-Autoconverted header. Bet it could be done in ~30
lines of Python... ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???