Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> The docs say it applies to -bS/-bs. However, since I'm more than likely
> going to be able to pump messages in faster than they can be routed,
> doesn't this allow for the box to become completely swamped by an
> uncontrolled number of routing (partial delivery) processes?

Probably, yes! So maybe you want to pump them all in and then use -qq.
That will just sit around routing them one by one for a long time,
before it then re-scans the queue and actually delivers them.

I can't offhand think of a way of persuading it to run multiple
queue-runners that just do the routing and not the delivery. You want
something like "hold_hosts = *", but that doesn't exist.

(That is, there's no way to make it just do the first pass of "qq"
without going on to do the second. Maybe this doesn't matter...)