Re: [Exim] Best antivirus software with exim

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Hilko Bengen
To: Tom Kistner
CC: Roberto Braga, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Best antivirus software with exim
Tom Kistner <tom@???> writes:

> I don't know about the current state of Amavis, but when I gave it a
> try last year, it had two major flaws:
>
>  1. It was scanning every mail once per recipient, causing a
>     lot of overhead.

AFAIK this isn't the case any more.

>  2. It was re-sending mail. This causes all kinds of funky problems, since
>     the original SMTP MAIL TO: is discarted and addresses in the header get
>     re-evaluated. In many configuration (especially when you use exim as a
>     smarthost machine) this can cause mail to be delivered twice to some
>     recipients.

I agree, this is totally ugly. I have fixed that, well I have hacked a
version of AMaViS so that it can be called from a system filter, so
the messages are not removed from Exim's control at all. These changes
as well as half a more modular rewrite of AMaViS into proper Perl (in
some aspects the current codebase looks more like the quick rewrite of
the shell-script version *g*) are going back to the project.

I think I'll have a look at exiscan, too, then.

-Hilko

--
Afternoon, n.:
    That part of the day we spend worrying about how we wasted the