Re: [Exim] Document translation and maintainance?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kaz Sasayama
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Document translation and maintainance?
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Kaz Sasayama wrote:

> Recently some Japanese Exim users are interested in translating Exim
> documents. So I just wonder how Philip maintains them. Does he use
> some typesetting or other tools? Can we get the original files if any?

This is almost becoming a FAQ.

The original files are in a private markup language. I use a private
tool to turn them into .txt and .ps. I use ghostcript to turn .ps into
.pdf. I use a Perl script to turn the original into .texinfo, and I use
texi2html to turn .texinfo into .html. I hope to replace the last one by
a direct script from the original, because that would give more
flexibility in the HTML. But it may be some time before that gets done.

It might be worth waiting for the Exim 4 documents before starting a
major translation effort.