Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> And the _size_ of the data. See stuff in the FAQ.

found Q0018, thanks, but it didn't really get me far; however i
managed to get the message through (don't read on if you don't have
strong nerves, though:))

this is how the original one looked like:

SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<x@x> SIZE=15699

[...]
SMTP<< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."

writing data block fd=10 size=8189 timeout=300
writing data block fd=10 size=6490 timeout=300

and timed out here. now, i put my brave hat on, and edited the -D file
in the queue by hand, padding it to "size=8191" (miscalculated:)
(for those casual exim users reading this: don't try this at home!).
now, it went through before i had the chance to actually read the end
of the debug messages (and it's been sitting there for 2 days now)...

does this suggest anything to anyone ? broken tcp stack, broken driver
for the nic, anything (again, linux with kernels 2.2.19 and 2.2.17 at
the ends, absolutely and positively not a single bit of firewalling,
packet filtering or anysuch in between) ?

i think i'm stopping here as this is getting offtopic (? i don't know
whether this is an exim issue or not, but i seem to remember postings
by Philip [and also my senses tell so] that the data blocks exim is
working with are then broken more down by the tcp stack).

thanks again,

--
[-]