[Exim] SMTP timeout problem affecting delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Iain Donaldson
A: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Asunto: [Exim] SMTP timeout problem affecting delivery
I'm having problems attempting to get mail to one of our customer's contacts
using exim.

Essentially, some, but not all (and not always addressed to the same person)
mails to this one server are timing out.

Having done a trace, the header info goes finem and the output ends like:

SMTP>> DATA

read response data: size=53
SMTP<< 354 dmzemanager: Send data now. Terminate with "."
SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."

writing data block fd=7 size=1620 timeout=300

It just hangs there and eventually fails. I have manually sent mail on the
server with no problems and have checked the failing message bodies for any
offending characters and there is nothing other than ASCII text, spaces and
newlines.

It happens whether the failed message has an attachment (MIME encoded) or is
plaintext - there appears to be no pattern. It seems to get to the end of
the message and then hangs with no response.

Anyone got any thoughts how I get to the bottom of this ?

Cheers

..Iain

--
Iain Donaldson
Director of Products & Services

The message has been checked for all known viruses by the Centric Telecom Virus Control Centre.