Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Tamas TEVESZ
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:33:46 +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> SMTP<< 421 lionking.xxxx SMTP incoming data timeout - closing connection.

[...]
> the other end shows:
>
> 2001-09-26 14:32:34 15mDmm-0004tM-00 SMTP data timeout (message
> abandoned) on connection from <hub> [ip]

This is only for some messages? If so, perhaps the remote end is
choking on some peculiar character combination or too-long line?

Next time, grab a copy of the body of an offending message and generate
a new message yourself, using exactly the same body. You might want to
check it for weird characters yourself first.

The reason I suspect data is that you say the same message will generate
the same error indefinitely. Otherwise, I'd suspect a firewall that
uses dynamic rules, where the firewall is being rebooted or flushed at
inopportune moments. That, or an NFS-mounted spool directory going away
from time to time.

But since it's specific messages, check the data.

Ciao,
Sheldon.