Re: [Exim] sender verification silly with fetchmail

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: Michael West
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] sender verification silly with fetchmail

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:15:16 MST, Michael West wrote:

>       Then it occurred to me.  Why am I doing this at all when I am
>       using fetchmail to get my mail from my ISP?  Who am I telling to
>       "try again later?"

So the question becomes, why are telling fetchmail to use SMTP instead
of piping the messages to Exim directly? The sender_verify option only
applies to SMTP, as documented. You probably want something like

    mda /path/to
    mda '/path/to/exim -oem -f %F %T'

This is documented in the fetchmail manual page. Personally, I can't
see why -oem is desirable; I'd have thought you wouldn't want a failure
message delivered if fetchmail isn't going to delete the message from
the remote mailbox.

Ciao,
Sheldon.