Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 05:26:16 -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> but couldn't this be worked around by routing the queue before
> delivery (queue runners with -qqf or by another setting) to get
> delivery hints ?

I perform all queuing prior to launching the first queue runner. The
queuing is handled by several exim -bS -odq processes. I don't use
queue_smtp_domains, since the description of the -odq option suggests to
me that -odq does the job already so long as all queuing completes prior
to the commencement of delivery.

I'm pretty sure this ensures delivery hints are developed before
delivery commences, but I think I see something very close to a 1:1
relationship between delivery processes and deliveries.

Many of these delivery processes are refused by remote hosts on the
grounds that I've established too many concurrent connections with those
hosts.

Given the above, I can't see what benefit the hints actually offer. If
someone tells me that I'm most likely wrong about the 1:1 relationship
mentioned above, I'll take the time to use a more precise method of
figuring it out.

Ciao,
Sheldon.