Re: [Exim] Re: Switching Exim on

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: michael
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Switching Exim on

On 25 Sep 2001 22:21:44 GMT, michael@??? wrote:

> Right now there is a symlink from sendmail, mailq etc. to mailwrapper,
> which in turn reads /etc/mail/mailwrapper.conf.

They're hardlinks, which are more efficient than symlinks.

> My suggestion was to make a symlink from /usr/lib/sendmail to
> /etc/mail/sendmail. /etc/mail/sendmail should be a symlink to e.g.
> /usr/local/bin/exim.

You're assuming that a single binary could service all the functions
of sendmail, mailq, newaliases etc. This isn't true for all
sendmail-compatible MTA packages, and mailwrapper is designed to take
this into account.

> If a system upgrade screws the symlinks in /etc/mail, it may as well
> screw /etc/mail/mailwrapper.conf.

It sounds like you're criticising things from the outside, so I won't
try to argue with you. When you've actually upgraded a FreeBSD box
using ``make world'' and mergemaster(8), we can talk again. But let's
do that on another list, where it's not off topic.

Ciao,
Sheldon.