Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Julian King
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session
> 2) EXIM can deliver all messages during a single SMTP session to the
> same email system (useful for mass system like HOTMAIL,YAHOO, ....),
> QMAIL no.

Intuition to me would indicate that you are prepared to throw enough
CPU at the problem to be able to saturate your link, thus anything which
you can do which will reduce the amount of data sent is likely to be a
winner.

For that reason, if no other, I would suspect that exim's style of
delivering messages down one pipe will win, if that is the only
consideration.

Admittedly if you have 4Mbit to play with I would imagine that 20
exim processes is nowhere near enough to saturate your link.

Incidentally, I suspect you'd be better off spreading your queue
across multiple disks not in a RAID. Spindles are good, but
interdependancies, especially for small amounts of data, are bad.

I have no feeling for how postfix would perform since I know
nothing of its delivery method.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support