Re: [Exim] Re: RBL checking

Author: Dave C.
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL checking
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

[..]

> threshold to be reached. Other criteria have to stack up too until
> the mailer rates the item as spam and rejects it via a "fail" command.
> (We're actually organising that by using an rbl_domains /warn entry in
> the exim configuration, and then testing for the resulting
> x-rbl-warning header in the system_filter - that seems satisfactory -
> any better ideas?).
>
> Doing it this way does, however, cause us a certain amount of tedium,
> since most of our attempts to return a rejection report for spam are
> then refused by their alleged reporting address (which is typically
> counterfeit, or deliberately deaf to reports), and the rejection
> reports then get frozen.

[..] Ugh. thats why its better to reject the message at the time of the
SMTP session, rather than accepting it and trying to bounce it. Of
course, there is no way in exim v3 to apply your multiple conditions and
be able to do that. Phil has indicated that exim 4 will have much more
flexibility here..

[..]