Re: [Exim] Best antivirus software with exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Yann Golanski
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jon Bendtsen
Υ/ο: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Tom Kistner, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Best antivirus software with exim
Quoth Jon Bendtsen on Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:29:32PM +0200
> > The Unix Way (tm) - One Tool For One Job. If Philip kept adding such
> > features, we'd have another M$ Exchange on our hands.
>
> yes, but then we still each have to integrate it. It
> could be included along with exim, as something
> worth having. Email viruses are increasingly
> hostile :/

But then you would have to include procmail, cyrius, SolidPop, Courier
IMAP and all the other things that Exim doesn't do. Why not add
filtering content as well, as more and more companies think it's good to
spy on their obviously untrustworthy employees... You could even bundle
Exim (MTA) with Mutt (MUA) and have a great setting (tm). Or we could
add a calendar facility to Exim -- and that's a joke, don't you dare!

Exim's job is to pass emails from one server to another (reply) and sometimes
deliver those emails into mailboxes, whatever the content of those mails
is. Personaly, I use freeBSD or Linux so I really don't care about
scanning my mail. However, if I were to setup any commercial service I
would use SSL and a virus scanner -- but I would not expect any of those
to be distributed with Exim.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.