Re: [Exim] Web based admin

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Alan J. Flavell
To: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Web based admin
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2001 at 16:01, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > Hands up those of you who have ever used a card punch...
>
> Since we appear to be having a census, I have.

If we're going to play that game: using punched cards came rather late
in my computing career. I'd used 5-track, and later 7- and 8-track
paper tape, before I ever used punched cards.

One of my fellow Physics gradstudents (who did their computing in the
"Maths Lab") got decks of data sent from elsewhere. At that time, one
had to read-in the job description on paper tape upstairs, and then
hurtle off into the basement to shovel data cards into the card reader
before the job description timed-out. Happy days.... ;-)

(And now, back to configuring exim...)