Re: [Exim] headers_add in remote_smtp transport does nothing

Autor: Marc Langer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] headers_add in remote_smtp transport does nothing
On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:09:04 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> 1. However, I see you have used $local_part in that string. You can't use
> that unless you also set max_rcpt = 1, because otherwise the transport
> may be handling more than one address. Of course, if you set max_rcpt = 1
> you will use a lot more bandwidth.
>
> 2. Also, if your x-resent-by header was added by a router or director,
> it won't be visible for the ${if matching, which can see only the
> original headers and those added by the system filter - that is, the
> headers that apply to ALL recipients.

Thanks for your response. With this in mind my configuration isn't a
good idea. What about the system filter? Would it be possible to do
that in there?

I saw these headers in mails routed through qmail servers. Perhaps
it could be a good new feature for Exim 4 to offer options for
automatically adding these headers (similar to Return-Path and
Envelope-To).

Marc