Re: [Exim] headers_add in remote_smtp transport does nothing

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Langer
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] headers_add in remote_smtp transport does nothing
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Marc Langer wrote:

> remote_smtp:
>   driver = smtp
>   headers_add = "${if match{$h_x-resent-by:}{my.server.name} \

> But this is not working. Unfortunately even debug level 9 doesn't
> say anything about this condition, so I cannot find the problem :-(
> I tried it in the router, too, but all the same.

Try using debug_print to add information to the debugging output.

1. However, I see you have used $local_part in that string. You can't use
that unless you also set max_rcpt = 1, because otherwise the transport
may be handling more than one address. Of course, if you set max_rcpt = 1
you will use a lot more bandwidth.

2. Also, if your x-resent-by header was added by a router or director,
it won't be visible for the ${if matching, which can see only the
original headers and those added by the system filter - that is, the
headers that apply to ALL recipients.