Re: [Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)
On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 04:16:36PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>>What Jeremy didn't tell you is that the passwd.$domain and shadow.$domain are
>>the difficult part. I have a patch against the exim source trees (>3.22) to
>Why is shadow even needed?

Because the IMAPd uses this to authenticate.

>Why is it difficult?

This is the file that the "localuser" director needs to get its information
from, not the aliasfile.

>What is wrong with the following?
> file = /etc/vmail/passwd.${domain}

You're missing the difference between the alias bit of the file and the user
bit of the file.

This, at least, is what I've been able to get from previous posters' comments.

>>provide a separate lookup, which implements searching in a directory.
>I may be misunderstanding something... what do you mean?

That you can't just add a new domain by having that domain in the directory.

>>see http://colondot.net/sw/dirsearch.shtml
>I wasn't able to fetch that page; maybe I'll try later.

Yeah, I managed to kill the machine, don't ask. :-/ It should be back now...