Re: [Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy C. Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Vincent Danen
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)
Vincent,

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Vincent Danen wrote:

> I'm using the vmailmgr system with qmail right now to handle multiple
> virtual domains under a single uid. Is there something similar for
> exim? Ie. some way I can build a large amount of virtual domains that

Yes, see the other email today on the exim-users mailing list. (And it was
also discussed yesterday. Plus it is discussed in the FAQ.)

> have absolutely no relationship with each other and don't require
> system accounts to access? Ie. I want a single uid for the entire
> system or one uid per domain, but beneath that, each user has a
> mailbox and that's it (popping in as user@??? instead of
> user).

This is exactly what I do with Exim and vm-pop3d.

> Also, what mailinglist managers do you recommend for use with exim?

I don't recommend anything; but from an end-user's perspective Mailman
works good for the exim-users list.

http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

> Thanks for any thoughts on this. And if there is anyone else who has
> made the transition from qmail (for mid-sized multi-domain usage;
> preferrably having used qmail for quite a while) and could share their
> thoughts on how they find the two compare, I'd be grateful.

In fact, this was just discussed:
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010917/thread.html

Good luck,

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w