Re: [Exim] Default Alias Expansion

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Mike Meredith
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Default Alias Expansion
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I'm trying to setup my mail servers to accept mail for a certain
> domain, and forward that mail onto another server with the same local
> part. In terms of an alias file :-

doable.

foo:
driver = smartuser
domains = that.domain
new_address = ${local_part}@???

this requires the domain to be defined in local_domains

foo2:
  driver = domainlist
  route_list = "that.domain some.domain.invalid byname"
                                                ^ or whatever fits
                                                  your situation
  transport = remote_smtp

this requires the domain to be defined in relay_domains

> However, as far as I can see there isn't a way of doing this with alias
> files. Can anyone confirm whether this is possible or not ?

oh, you need this to be very dynamic ? try expansions on the relevant
places in the examples above (yes, it's doable).

--
[-]