著者: Philip Hazel
To: Herre de Jonge
CC: Exim users mailing list
題目: Re: [Exim] Exim and dial-up connection
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Herre de Jonge wrote:

> This problem only occurs in the mentioned case. When I FTP
> a big file (up- or download), there is no problem at all.

This could be a packet size problem. Exim sends messages in 8K buffers.
This should not affect the packet size used;[*] however, there was a case
that somebody reported where reducing the size of buffer did have the
effect of reducing the packet size. You can change the buffer size by
setting DELIVER_BUFFER_SIZE in your Local/Makefile.

[*] The underlying TCP/IP stack should carve up the data received from
the application into smaller packets if necessary.