Re: [Exim] How to best implement Sendmail's "access.db"?

Autor: Marc Langer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] How to best implement Sendmail's "access.db"?
On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 00:21:13 +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > But how should I reject certain recipient addresses?
> > I read about receiver_verify, but are feeling uncomfortable with
> > enabling it. Are there any other possibilities?
>
> Can someone explain to me what the problem with enabling receiver_verify is?
> I can understand in a large site where your mail reception and queue-running
> are likely to be different processes, but why does it make people
> "uncomfortable", after all, if the verify fails, then it would fail later
> and bounce anyway?

I did not fully understand the concept of "receiver_verify" yet.
Is it sure that there are no more mails rejected than without this
setting turned on? Especially mails from unknown hosts (without DNS
entries) must not be rejected.

Thanks,
Marc