Re: [Exim] How to best implement Sendmail's "access.db"?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] How to best implement Sendmail's "access.db"?
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:33:49PM +0200, Marc Langer wrote:
> I'm moving from Sendmail to Exim and currently searching for
> possibilities how to implement the "access.db" from Sendmail.
> I'd like to be able to:
> - specify ip addresses to reject
> - specify email addresses to reject, both sender and recipient
> Currently I'm using:
> sender_reject_recipients = "@@lsearch*;/etc/exim/blocklist"
> host_reject_recipients = net-lsearch;/etc/exim/blocked-hosts
> recipients_reject_except = postmaster@* : hostmaster@*

This seems reasonable.

> But how should I reject certain recipient addresses?
> I read about receiver_verify, but are feeling uncomfortable with
> enabling it. Are there any other possibilities?

Can someone explain to me what the problem with enabling receiver_verify is?
I can understand in a large site where your mail reception and queue-running
are likely to be different processes, but why does it make people
"uncomfortable", after all, if the verify fails, then it would fail later
and bounce anyway?

MBM