Re: [Exim] Debian/Linux/SASL/PAM/SMTP AUTH

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Debian/Linux/SASL/PAM/SMTP AUTH
Jeremy Blawn <jrblawn@???> writes:

> I have recently been pursuing a fix for the "bug"
> which isn't a bug in PAM (exim must run as root to
> allow SMTP Authentication through /etc/shadow).

I was thinking about some method of executing external programs. For
example server_condition = ${exec /usr/sbin/authorize_me {$1} {$2}}. Now
if authorize_me returns 0 then auth ok else auth failed. With
-rwsr-x--- root.exim /usr/sbin/authorize_me that shouldn't be security
problem if parameters were properly checked.

Maybe this is Exim 4 thing?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl
misiek(at)pld.org.pl AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PWr