Re: [Exim] smtp auth on upstream server ... is it possible ?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Odhiambo Washington
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: lists
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] smtp auth on upstream server ... is it possible ?
* blackOut <lists@???> [20010919 19:31]: writing on the subject '[Exim] smtp auth on upstream server ... is it possible ?'
| hello
|
| I want my exim (home) to pass all outgoing mail through another smtp server (remote/also exim),
| but my upstream server requires smtp authentication. So can i tune up my exim (home), to make
| it behave as client in smtp auth process. host_accept_relay not usable 'cause at home i use
| dialup with dynamic ip's.
|
| thanks in advance

It's in section 35 of spec.txt and clearly explained.

<snip>
Each authenticator can have both server and client functions. To make it clear
which options apply to which, the prefixes "server_" and "client_" are used on
option names which are specific to either the server or the client function,
respectively. Server and client functions are disabled if none of their
options are set. If an authenticator is to be used for both server and client
functions, a single definition, using both sets of options, is required. For
example:

  cram:
    driver = cram_md5
    public_name = CRAM-MD5
    server_secret = ${if eq{$1}{ph10}{secret1}fail}
    client_name = ph10
    client_secret = secret2

The "server_" option is used when Exim is acting as a server, and the
"client_" options when it is acting as a client.
</snip>

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Want to make your computer go really fast? Throw it out a window.