Re: [Exim] Virtual Domain Hosting

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual Domain Hosting
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, eltonic40 wrote:

> I am also looking for a nice web mail app! Any suggestions?

On this note, does anyone know of any webmail apps that are ready to use
with virtual hosting setups? For example, one UID for all mailboxes, no
IMAP, mailboxes under /var/spool/virtual/domainname/, and password files
under /etc/virtual/domainname/passwd. (I also prefer to not need any
database server.)

I have looked at several but haven't found anything yet.

I have worked a little on patching a Open WebMail to work for this
(running setgid mail instead of the documented setuid root). But I have
found it to be very slow on my 486-66 (or is it 33 Mhz) OpenBSD
development system.

Also, eltonic40, if you are reading this: please be sure to not simply
reply to another posting to start your own unrelated thread; sometimes
this causes problems with threading and archiving due to In-Reply-To
headers, for example.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources