Re: [Exim] exicyclog request

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: Chris, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exicyclog request

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:42:06 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Eeek. And I worry about logs that get over 1MB...

In that case, I think you'd be very surprised by the figures surrounding
the world-wide use of Exim, if such figures existed. :-)

Every hour, newsyslog rotates the mainlog if it's bigger than 20MB, and
I'll typically have at least 7 mainlogs for a day on which I send a
mailshot.

That's why I was so pleased to find that exim does an inode consistency
check before writing to the log file. Defensive programming paying off
yet again. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.