Re: [Exim] exim v's qmail and other MTA's

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Garry Byrne
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim v's qmail and other MTA's

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:20:09 +1000, Garry Byrne wrote:

> New to the list as of today & looking at changing over to Exim from Qmail.
> We are an ISP and run about 3500 mail accounts some of which are made up of
> domains we also host.

That's nothing. :-)

If you're worrying about performance, don't. Assuming even a modern
workstation-class server, but fitted with scsi disks, you're not going
to have a problem there.

Seriously, when UUNET SA was still managing the Internet Africa dial
business three years ago, 50,000 mail accounts was a breeze on a SUN
Ultra that had been mediocre two years before.

Instead, worry about something important, like why you need to migrate
from a proven, well-understood (?) qmail installation to an unproven and
possibly poorly understood Exim installation. :-)

Seriously, as big a fan of Exim as I am, a change is NOT as good as a
holiday in the world of systems administration. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.