Re: [Exim] I am desperated

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Guenter Mueller
CC: Greg Ward, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I am desperated
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Guenter Mueller wrote:

> thank you for the tip, but this shows no more than exim -bh outside-host.
> How do I tell exim not to forward local parts which include a "%"? I
> think, percent_hack_domains false should do this! We never enabled the
> percent_hack_domains!

The option percent_hack_domains applies only to *local* domains. This is
stated in the documentation for percent_hack_domains. Maybe it isn't
clear enough?

When Exim 3 is acting as a relay, which I seem to recall is what you are
doing, it does not examine the local parts of the addresses it is
relaying. It is up to the hosts that you relay to to be vigilant.

In Exim 4, however, you will be able to specify this kind of check on
local parts before relaying.

I'm soon going to have to start ignoring this list, in order to get Exim
4 released..... :-)