Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kevin Sindhu
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

> > > marajade-[~] mcr 1069 %host -t aaaa nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
> > > nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca has AAAA address 2002:c08b:2e21:3::6
> > > nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca has AAAA address 2001:410:402:3::6
>
> > Oops. Sorry. I must upgrade my checking script to look for AAAAs.
>
> Would this mean you are going to provide a patch to Exim-3.33 tree, or
> a new 3.34 release?

Eh? Sorry, I clearly confused you. I wasn't referring to anything in
Exim. The poster had a mail problem, and I ran a private script of mine
that does DNS checks for MX and A records. It showed that he had an MX
which pointed to a domain without an A record, and I pointed this out.
In fact, the domain _did_ have an AAAA record. I just hadn't got round
to upgrading my personal script (I now have).

As far as I know, Exim works just fine in this situation. It looks for
both A and AAAA records, and uses whichever it finds.