Re: [Exim] Size of empty mailboxes

Author: Thomas Fey
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Size of empty mailboxes
On 18 Sep 2001 09:20:26 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 06:47, Thomas Fey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yesterday i´ve recognized a change in the size of my users empty mailboxes.
>> The size has been 545 Bytes and now it´s 546 bytes.
>> Is this maybe a serious problem or what else could it be ?
>
>You need to say what format these mailboxes are in - since empty mbox
>files are zero length, empty maildir folders would be 3 directories with
>no files at all.

The files only contain the following lines:

Date: 18 Sep 2001 10:25:15 +0200
From: Mail System Internal Data <MAILER-DAEMON@???>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.

tom.

--
Stadtwerke GmbH Bad Kreuznach
Kilianstrasse 9 - 55543 Bad Kreuznach - Tel 0671-99-0, Fax 0671-99-1777