Re: [Exim] Size of empty mailboxes

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy C. Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Thomas Fey
Υ/ο: exim-users@exim.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Size of empty mailboxes
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Thomas Fey wrote:

> yesterday i?ve recognized a change in the size of my users empty mailboxes.
> The size has been 545 Bytes and now it?s 546 bytes.

Empty mailboxes are zero bytes. I am guessing your "empty" mail box has
sometype of "FOLDER INTERNAL DATA" message. Maybe the format of this
mailbox information message changed. (On my system, the internal data
messages size vary; I just saw 500 bytes, 538 bytes and 539 bytes.)

> Is this maybe a serious problem or what else could it be ?

I'd guess that part of this internal data message had a epoch timestamp
that recently grew by one character. (On my lynx/pine/c-client? internal
data messages the X-IMAP header has a timestamp, but old ones start with a
zero so this wouldn't matter.)

Also, some of these messages sometimes have Message-ID's and some don't.

I don't see this as a problem; but to make sure for yourself have a look
at the file, back it up and then diff it next time it changes.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources
  http://www.isp-faq.com/    -- find answers to your questions