Re: [Exim] LDAP users: Your Opinion is Needed, Please

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP users: Your Opinion is Needed, Please
> 1. Is this change going to affect many of you (the LDAP users)?

No, I don't use multi-value attributes with Exim.

> 2. Do you support the change (whether or not it will affect you)?

I don't mind either way.

> 3. Should I be worrying about commas and quotes in the data? I don't
>    know enough about LDAP...

Commas and quotes may appear in the LDAP data and should not cause trouble
when trying to extract individual attributes (with their multiple values)
from the search result.

I have thought about always looking up all attributes of an object and
using extract to pick up what's needed for a particular expression, because
that way the whole query with its result would be cached. It just looks so
awful cryptic that I did not try it so far.

Michael