Re: [Exim] Virus scanning using exiscan...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virus scanning using exiscan...
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 02:24:07PM +0100, David Holland penned:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:08:56PM +0100, Scott Lawson wrote:
> > Just wanting to get a quick idea on opinions of exiscan for exim as a
> > mail attachment virus scanner.

> I use it... it works well with Network Associates "uvscan". This is on a
> production system handling around 100MB (2000 messages) per day. I have
> a cron job to update the virus definitions file each night.

Yup. Same here...mail usage is around 1000 messages/per day serving
around 50 domains. OpenBSD+McAfee Scanner(Linux Emul)+Exiscan v2

> The only wrinkle I see is that exiscan tries to forward infected emails
> to postmaster, but the forwarded messages often get caught by the system
> filter which looks for .exe/.bat etc, so I get a double report. I could
> probably fix that with a little work, but it's not a big problem.

Yup. Been there...seen that...

I like it. However, there are a few issues with the startup/stop of
exiscan on OpenBSD. I have to manually start it at boot-up and haven't
gotten it to work at boot-up. Same case when trying to stop it with zap
which has proven pretty un-effective.

Anyway, if you are running it on OpenBSD and need the script to
configure it, let me know.

-Kevin