Re: [Exim] Mailq problem

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Rajesh Menon
CC: Exim User list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailq problem

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:11:47 +0530, Rajesh Menon wrote:

> I am having a problem in exim3.31 in free bsd the problem is that lot of
> mails are getting queued up on the server, that includes the local
> delivery also. My problem is that unless exim -v -M and the messageid it
> automatically delivers. Can anyone suggest and option.

ps -auxwww|grep exim

I'm willing to bet you're not running any queue runners. Start exim
with -qX, where X is a time specification, e.g.

    /usr/local/sbin/exim -q5m

If you have a file /usr/local/etc/rc.d/exim.sh then someone has messed
with that file, taking the -qX out. If you _don't_ have such a file,
you need something like this in /etc/rc.conf :

    sendmail_enable="YES"
    sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"

You may not want "-bd", since it causes an SMTP listener to be started.
You also may not want to specify sendmail_flags, since the default may
suit you (""-bd -q30m").

You then need to edit /etc/mail/mailer.conf, specifying the path to exim
as /usr/local/sbin/exim .

Ciao,
Sheldon.