RE: [Exim] help

Autor: Dave C.
A: Reynaldo Zapanta
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] help
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Reynaldo Zapanta wrote:

> yes it is my server giving that message..
>
> and i did restart my box when i change something of my configure file to
> make it sure...
>
> thanks

And what is the IP address of the computer you are trying to send from?

With what you gave, it can either be 127.*.*.*, or 207.0.122.96

If its anything else, it will be refused.

I suspet you meant to actually list a block of IP's when you put
207.0.122.96/32 - that does not specify a block, it specifies only that
individual IP. (/32 is equivalent to 255.255.255.255 as a mask)

If you want to specify the block 32 address block starting at x.x.x.96,
use:

x.x.x.x/27

Mote for addition to FAQ (and possibly to the exim spec), that the
number following the / in a netblock specification is NOT the 'number of
addresses', it is a netmask, indicating number of bits in the network
part of the specification.

Possibly give some common examples, and a pointer to a document
describing CIDR and bitmask specification.