Re: [Exim] Virus scanning using exiscan...

Author: David Holland
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virus scanning using exiscan...
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:08:56PM +0100, Scott Lawson wrote:
> Just wanting to get a quick idea on opinions of exiscan for exim as a
> mail attachment virus scanner.

I use it... it works well with Network Associates "uvscan". This is on a
production system handling around 100MB (2000 messages) per day. I have
a cron job to update the virus definitions file each night.

The only wrinkle I see is that exiscan tries to forward infected emails
to postmaster, but the forwarded messages often get caught by the system
filter which looks for .exe/.bat etc, so I get a double report. I could
probably fix that with a little work, but it's not a big problem.

Dave
--
David Holland           =*=   Systems Manager   =*=   tel: +44 01223 478900
http://www.3glab.com/   =*=     3G Lab, UK      =*=   fax: +44 01223 478901