Re: [Exim] Web based admin

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Web based admin
I think perhaps we should call an end to this flamefest on this list.

I suspect I've been around longer than most people here. The general
flavour of this argument goes back _at least 30 years_. I can remember,
as a callow youth, being scandalized when we started to allow new users
to use the interactive timesharing system on our mainframe without
their having previously had to learn how to use punched cards and the
batch system. Today's argument is just one level up: instead of punch
cards we have "editing files", and instead of "using a terminal" we have
"using a GUI". Nothing changes much really. :-) And of course, everybody
ended up using terminals. Hands up those of you who have ever used a
card punch...

IMHO, both sides of the argument have valid points. Both approaches are
valid in their own way. Horses for courses.

So, guys, can we return to discussing Exim on this list, please?

Philip