Re: [Exim] relay-question about hosts_treat_as_local

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Jakob Hirsch
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] relay-question about hosts_treat_as_local
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > Actually, you relay mail for _domains_, not hosts.
>
> Actually, from a technical point of view there's no real difference
> between domains and hosts, a domain can always be a host and vice versa.
> But that has nothing to do with my problem.
>
> > If you want to accept mail that is addressed to user@???, then
> > add example.net to relay_domains.
>
> I could use "relay_domains_include_local_mx" but that would open my mail
> server too wide.

Well, it wouldnt be all that bad. The only downside would be is that
someone could use you as a secndary MX without your approval. That
doesnt happen very often. It would *not* open you up as a spam relay,
becuase presumably the destination domains of spam are not all (or even
any) going to list you as their MX, and the sender of spam wouldn't have
any way to chnge the MX records for the domains he wanted to spam.