Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Guillaume Finance
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Guillaume Finance wrote:

> I want to put SMTP Auth for Exim acting as a client (sending out messages
> over SMTP)

then why don't you say that ? :)

"
"From this will I expect Exim to provide SMTP Auth (challenge) for
"clients wanted to send emails, or have I missed something?
"

for some reason this suggests me you want your exim as server.

 > fixed_plain:
 >     driver = plaintext
 >     public_name = PLAIN
 >     client_send = ^user^passwd

this will pretty much be ok, provided you set an autheticate_hosts in
your remote_smtp router.

but, this will be plaintext, and by no means a challenge-response (you
mentioned it!) kind of authentication...

> Though, I wonder if I need this : host_auth_accept_relay = * cos it seems to
> be specified for the server only.

then why would you need it ?

--
[-]