Re: [Exim] Exim with IMP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Temple
A: Jan Suchanek
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim with IMP
Return-Path is normally set by the final delivery and would usually
contain the envelope sender. If you have wwwrun as a trusted user then I
would expect IMP to be able to set the correct sender address in the
message using the -f option to Exim. It sounds a bit like that is
failing on your system. We use IMP here and we don't have this problem.
A quick look at the IMP code shows that it checks to see if the
configuration value $default->path_to_sendmail is set to the path of an
executable program, if it is, then it runs the command line:-

$default->path_to_sendmail -i -f$from -- $recipients

and feeds in the message content. This should result in the correct
sender address being set (and indeed this works on our system).

If that fails for any reason it inserts the mail into the system using
the native php mail() command which could do pretty much anything
(depending on how its configured in your PHP libraries).

My advice to you would be to check that your $default->path_to_sendmail
setting is set in your imp/config/defaults.php3 file, because if it
isn't set, or is set to the wrong thing then that would explain your
problem.