Re: [Exim] Web based admin

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Patrick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Web based admin
Dr Andrew C Aitchison [kirks.net-list] <Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:13:49AM +0100>:
>A comprehensive gui to support the full flexibility of the exim
>configuration file is going to require significant maintenance.
>Since most users are going to want access to the documentation
>for each feature, there will have to be lots of cross references
>to the manual.

There seems to be an ongoing confusion in this thread about what Webmin
and Linuxconf is for.

Webmin makes an entire system manageable for a non-technical user. If
it included all the options for all the packages, it would be
incomprehensible to a non-technical user and therefore useless.

A GUI to setup a complex mail environment is a different project. I
have no doubt that it would be a fine project for someone who's problem
it is aimed at. But my original post was aimed at at a Webmin module or
Linuxconf module that allows someone who to manage their users without
ever needing to find out that SMTP exists let alone what the letters
stand for.