Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay questions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Chris, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay questions
On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> It appears that in the case of NXDOMAIN on an IP lookup, it doesn't
> continue to check the other items in the colon-separated list. This seems
> like buggish behavior to me. Philip?

No, it is as specified, and indeed is also explained in FAQ0809.

> You can work around this by listing /opt/exim/etc/relay.netblocks first in
> the list.

Precisely. That's what the FAQ - and my book (page 429) - say.

Why does it do it like this? Answer: because of the possibility of
negative items.

Consider:

something = ! *.a.b : 10.9.8.0/24

If Exim cannot find the host name, it cannot tell whether the host
matches *.a.b. So it cannot proceed. Order matters.