Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay questions

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Chris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay questions
On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 08:04:28PM -0700,
Chris <caudo@???> is thought to have said:

> My host_accept_relay looks similar to:
> host_accept_relay = *.domain.com : 207.217.0.0/16 :
> /opt/exim/etc/relay.netblocks

I see what you mean. I usually don't mix *.domain.com and a list of
netblocks for my relay config (preferring just the list of all netblocks).
It appears that in the case of NXDOMAIN on an IP lookup, it doesn't
continue to check the other items in the colon-separated list. This seems
like buggish behavior to me. Philip?

You can work around this by listing /opt/exim/etc/relay.netblocks first in
the list. Or just put all of your netblocks in that file and drop the
*.domain.com altogether.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality